I’m a freelance writer looking to expand my business. Over the last 20+ years, I’ve written and published children’s nonfiction books, a book of poetry, and magazine articles. I’ve worked on writing newsletters (both print and e-newsletters), promotional copy, press releases, website content, brochures, one-sheets, etc. I’ve also worked in editing and proofreading, and done some website creation, design and maintenance.
I’m looking for more freelance opportunities. If you are in need of a writer for your business or project, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Resume details below.
* * *
Theresa Jarosz Alberti
Experienced and creative freelance writer seeking new professional projects to employ my writing and editorial talents, and my communications and technical skills.
Marketing and Business Writing
- University of MN Biomedical Department— multiple fundraising articles.
- Music Sciences, a MDGI Company— promotional copywriting, new product information.
- Sanction, Inc.— brochures, press releases, print ads, website content.
- Hutchinson Associates— website design and promotional content, white sheet, blurbs.
- Lois Libby Juster, MSW— website design and promotional content, brochure.
- PAC International, Incorporated— brochure, corporate collateral.
- Fireside Healing— brochure, website promotional content.
- The People’s Gallery— website content, print & online marketing materials, calls for art, press releases, social media, office communications.
- Jones Lang LaSalle— capital markets offering memorandum materials.
Editing and Proofreading
- Association of Universalist Women at First Universalist Church, 2012 – 2013.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Society, 1995 – 2001.
- American Cancer Society, 1987 – 1989.
Book proofreading & copy editing: Man of Gold (novel by M.A.R. Barker) for the Tekumel Foundation, 2013.
Proofreader (full-time): Arthur Andersen (now Accenture), 1987–1990. Proofed/edited detailed business and financial documents.
- Mythical Creatures: Dragons, FOCUS Readers, 2018.
- Mythical Creatures: Mermaids, FOCUS Readers, 2018.
- Mythical Creatures: Unicorns, FOCUS Readers, 2018.
- Russia: One World, Many Countries, Red Line, May 2015.
- Vietnam ABCs, Picture Window Books, 2007.
- Climates, Capstone Press, 2005.
- Out and About at the Planetarium, Picture Window Books, 2004.
Poetry book: (After) Confession, Zottola Publishing, 2009.
Magazine articles: published in American Baby, Radiance, and Welcome Home.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, Box, Salesforce, Apto, WordPress, Constant Contact, and Quark.
- Learns new applications quickly.
- Experience working in media environments, including Minnesota Public Radio and WCCO-TV.
- Eager to learn new skills and tasks; flexible and adaptable.
Robert Half Office Team (2015 – present)— Administrative office professional, positions including project coordinator, administrative assistant, front desk, customer service, and data entry. Worked for a wide range of companies, including Jones Lang LaSalle, Minnesota Public Radio, WCCO-TV, American Academy of Neurology, RSP Architects, and Memorial Blood Center.
Adecco (2015 – 2016)— Administrative office professional, working a 1-year position as an administrative assistant at Ecolab.
Self-Employed (1991- present)— Freelance writer (see Professional Experience).
The People’s Gallery (2013 – 2015)— Co-manager of art gallery. Event planning, and hosting openings and receptions; print, online, and social media marketing; planning and managing art exhibits, calls for art, and jurying; communications with artists and the local art community; customer service; treasurer.
National Novel Writing Month (2005 – 2010)— Municipal Liaison of the Twin Cities Region. Planning and hosting events each year for up to 80 people. Managing correspondence, promotions, informational instructions, and answering questions for 9,000 users. Executed a book drive that collected 3,000 books for charity. Managed online calendar of events for region.
The Loft Literary Center (2006 – 2008)— Instructor. Taught successful workshops on “How to Write a Novel in a Month.”
B.A. in English Literature; Library and Information Science minor
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
Phi Beta Kappa graduate
TESOL Certification (grammar, language and educational training)
Certified to teach English as a foreign language; 100-hour complete course
ITTT (International TEFL Teacher Training), http://www.teflonline.net