I’m sitting here with an itchy nose from extra dust flying through the house as loud sawing, drilling, and other power-tool vibrations rattle through the house (really unsettling for Loki-the-cat who hovers around me needing more reassurances and soothing). The construction workers for this current project– a major remodel of the main floor bathroom– started two weeks ago. We are in the Messy Middle: a few months of living with one upstairs bathroom, workers in and out of the house every weekday, noise, dust, and random inconveniences (like the water being turned off for most of a day). It’s a hassle, exciting to see dramatic changes, frustrating, hopeful, all of the above. On the other end will be something a lot better than what was there, so it’s worth it. Continue reading
Search and You Will Find…
- The Best-Kept Secret About Meditation, or What I Learned That Finally Made It Work
- Two Knees and a Surgeon: A Tale of Advocacy
- How Lizzo Taught Me to Love My Big...
- No Shame at the Pool Party
- Once Upon an Eating Disorder
- Divorce Lesson #1: Stay in the Present Moment
- Who Has an Eating Disorder?
- Poem: My Bag of Bones
Subscribe & Don't Miss a Post
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase (many thanks if you do!). Be assured that I only link to products I thoroughly endorse.